Monday, March 24, 2014

Learning to Weave

My mom, grandma, and I took my step-daughter, Lucy, to the Art Museum.  Not always a great idea with a 5 year old, but at least now she knows that some people think that chairs and everyday things are artsy.  On the plus side, the museum has some areas for younger children where they can touch and try out things.  On this trip, Lucy learned that Native Americans made a lot of their clothing and blankets from weaving.  

I used Close to My Heart Dream Pop paper and two different Cricut cartridges.  The font is from Nate's ABCs and the little girl is from Nursery Rhymes.  I created this layout for the Exploring Cricut challenge.  I only used one cardstock and one pattern paper.  The paper in the corner is Lucy's weaving practice!

4 comments:

  1. Great layout for a positive, artistic learning experience-great job! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut & More this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you put her artwork on the page! She'll love that...now and in the future! Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you shared the art! Love the layout. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut and More.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout!! Love the photo's and Lucy's weaving! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Crafter's Choice' challenge at Exploring Cricut and More!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete