Monday, March 10, 2014

Irish Celebration

Top of the Mornin to ya!  I spent some of my time creating a card for my husband.  I used the Cricut cartridge: Create a Critter 2 and a card from CTMH.  I am enjoying playing with my Cricut and trying new things.  This is my first card I have attempted.  I thought this would be a great entry for BBTB2 with their St. Patrick's Day themed contest.
I used a pattered light green for the turtle's under layer and a deep green for the shell and hat.  I don't have many inks yet and I didn't want to use gray.  So I used a sharpie to write out my sentiment.  Unfortunately, my handwriting isn't the best, but I tried. 

I am very lucky to have found my husband.  He's away at drill right now, but will be home for St. Patrick's day!  I am excited to have him home and to give him his card!

10 comments:

  1. So cute, Katie! I'm sure your DH will love it! TFS Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Katie!! Love this darling turtle! Thank you so very much for joining our 'St. Patrick's Day' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute turtle! Love the green chevron paper! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a sweet card!! I know your hubby will love his card. I love this turtle card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet sentiment for your hubby and your turtle is just way too cute!! . I love it.
    Thank you for entering the Bitten ByThe Bug 2, St Patrick’s day challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute turtle! Thanks for joining BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet , he'll love it. That's for the entry at bbtb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun card! LOVE that turtle! Thanks for sharing with us over at BBTB2!

    Have a great day!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute -- thanks for joining the BBTB2 challenge!
    ~Laura @ craftychickscreating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete