Saturday, March 1, 2014

Honeymoon Fun




My husband and I got married almost a year ago and I finally finished our honeymoon book.  There are many different types of paper and techniques used throughout these pictures/pages.
 Pictures can be a focal point of a page or you can use an embellishment as the main portion of the page.  Here I used the Cinderella carriage to be a main point of the page and used the car pictures to show what the carriage represented.
This is not one of my best pages.  I enjoyed this page because I liked the stickers I found to use. The plane ticket is backed in a very bright color to make up for the bland coloring of the actual ticket.  The photo should have had a fun backing to it, but like I said, I'm not super proud of this page.
This a great page to show the potential of oddly shaped things.  Not everything you use on cards or in your layouts is going to be a square or rectangle.  Shown by our resort, you could use some very differently shaped things.  I used a backing to make the pic pop and then used the pictures to show what the center pic was about.





I love this page!  The pictures are the focal point with the schedule just being a large embellishment.  All the colors made choosing stickers and backing colors easy.  As you can see with the sun glasses, you can back as many times as you want with as many colors as you want.  The purple letters are being made to play double duty in two words to make them last a little longer (because we all know that once we start with letters, there are never enough to make the words we want).  Using stamps is a great way to make sure you don't run out of lettering.


These are just a few of the pages from my book.  I have a few more I will share at a later time.  But these were a good starting point to show some good things and bad things.

No comments:

Post a Comment