Monday, June 9, 2014

My Daddy

   This card is for my Daddy.  I have been and always will be a GINORMOUS daddy's girl.  My dad is one of the best dads in the world.  He has always been there for me and my brother through everything.  My brother was diagnosed with Autism in elementary school and my dad was right there at the Dr. appointments and therapy sessions.  He supported my mom when she took him out of school to home school him.  He talked me through boy problems, math problems, and issues with friends.
   When we were younger we would spend evenings watching tv together.  Sometimes we would talk during shows others we would just sit as a family.  In high school we watched A LOT of Everybody Loves Raymond.  My dad played Wally Cleaver in a community show.  For all these reasons I chose a TV themed card.  
   The picture in the TV is one from my wedding where he is walking me down the aisle.  The names around the TV are the names of different TV dads from my dad's time and ours.  Names like: Steve Douglas, Tim Taylor, Andy Taylor, and Ward Cleaver.  I wrote Daddy at the top because no matter how old I get or what I am doing, he will always be my daddy.
   The TV is a cut from Nifty Fifties and I used some CTMH paper for the body of the TV.  On the inside of the card I wrote, Thanks for putting all those TV dads to shame.  Happy Father's Day.  I plan on placing this card in BBTB2, Moving Along With the Times, Fab 'n Funky, Pile it on and Fantabulous Cricut challenges.    

12 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Katie!! Your Dad is going to love it!!! What a wonderful honor to him. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Father's Day' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, your dad puts them all to shame! Love it, Katie!! Oh, and I love your Dad, too ~~ sounds like a great guy! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this cut and how you added the pic - so clever! Especially with the TV times you've had with your dad! GREAT job!!! He will love it! Thanks so much for sharing this with us over at FCCB and BBTB2!!!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fun with the picture inside the cute TV

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. Great card the tv is too cute!!
    Thank you for entering the Bitten by the Bug 2 with the theme “Fathers day” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute use of a photo, I think it's great to personalise cards like that and what a special photo. Thanks for joining us at Moving Along With the Times this week! x Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can imagine how much this card will mean to your Dad. I love the sentiment to the inside of your card. What a wonderful thought and keepsake. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative design! Your dad will love it! Thanks for joining BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet and special card! Love the photo! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like your Dad is an amazing man! What a sweet and personal card! Thanks for sharing it with us over at BBTB2 this week.
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, I love this card!! I think it is fabulous you had such a great dad, not all people do. And your dad sounds like he was one in a million!! I love that you listed the shows you both loved to watch together. This card really touches my heart. I did not have a dad to have this special relationship with so I love living it through other people! Sorry for being so late with my comment. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a GREAT card!!!
    Thanks for joining us last week at PIO!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete