Monday, June 2, 2014

Happy Anniversary

   This is another card for my husband.  Our one year anniversary is on Sunday.  We have had some really tough times through the last year, but we made it!  I am very proud of us!  Ice blue and silver were our wedding colors, so I tried to incorporate that theme in my card. 
   I plan on entering this in the BBTB2 challenge of manipulating a cut.  I used many different cartridges for this card.  The groom is from Create-a-Friend, the church is actually the dog house from Nate's ABCs, and the lettering is from Nifty Fifties.  All cuts were done on the Cricut 2.
   The church was the cut I changed.  I used a sharpie to create the roof by just coloring in the space and edging.  I used gel pens to make the cross at the top and the garland around the arch way.  The most involved process was making the bricks.  I went the old fashioned way and just used a pencil to create the old worn look to the church.  The hearts are pop up stickers and I used a gel pen to write my husband and my initials.  
   The groom is giving his heart to his bride and carries love with him.  
 

7 comments:

  1. This is a great card Katie!! Love everything about it. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Alter A Cricut Cut' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great!! I love it.
    Thank you for entering the Bitten by the Bug 2 with the theme “Alter a cricut cartridge image” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative in creating the church. Beautiful card. Happy Anniversary! Thanks for joining bbtb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to tell you there is a restaurant in my town called Katie's Corner. They make great breakfasts

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the scene you created on your card. Congratulations on your anniversary. Great job on the "church" cut. I had to chuckle about the dog house idea. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How darling love the little guy and church in the background! Thanks for joining BBTB2 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet! Thanks for joining the BBTB2 challenge!
    ~Laura
    Please follow me @ craftychickscreating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete