Wednesday, May 21, 2014

People and Cars

   This card is for my Grandpa.  His birthday is in early June and I wanted to make something special for him.  One of his favorite colors is red and I decided to use Nate's ABCs for the car cut.  The saying I put on the card reads, "People are like cars, they only get better with age."
   I used many different colors from Close to My Heart.  The lettering and ink are Barn Red and an alphabet from CTMH.  I popped the tires slightly off the paper with sticky dots in order to make them stand out on the black paper.  
  Looking at the card, I considered putting a driver in the car, but I liked it without one.  The car without a driver kind of represents driving through life, aging, on your own.  You are the car.    
   This card will be entered in Exploring Cricut's summer challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Your grandpa will love his card-great job! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut & More this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!!! I'm sure your grandpa is going to love it. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Here Comes Summer' challenge at Exploring Cricut and More!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card and I know your grandfather will love it! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut and More.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win at Exploring Cricut!! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete